Sunday, July 18, 2010

Top 10 things I learned...am learning...learned...

10. A student knowing how to decode is not the same as one who can really comprehend; and sometimes it can be hard to tell from the outside.

9. Mastery over a Discourse, Mastery over a Discourse, Mastery over a Discourse Mastery -- hmm, how about Practice...ery? I can get behind that.

8. I am inspired and in awe by how smart the teachers and the people entering the teaching profession really are. To that end...

7. ...I love feeling inspired.

6. I will be going back again and again to these writtings...not only because so much of what everyone has written is enthralling to read but...I'mstillalittlefuzzyonsomestuff - There! I said it!

5. Morning, noon or night, a hot cup of caffeinated beverage is perfect for that familiar run down feeling...even if it is 100 degs out, in the shade, with sandals on, this side of the Rio Grande, walking up-hill both ways...er, lost that one.

4. Grad school is going to be way, waaaay, waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy, harder than I thought; but somehow I think it's going to be more amazing than I ever could have imagined.

3. Note to self: read about So Cray Ts.

2. Our brains are the most amazingly complexly beautifully organized systems of tissue and electric current that...wow.

1. Collective knowledge is so
incredible
it is
contageous



bonus: Slow thought is best

No comments:

Post a Comment